I have been cutting coupons for about a month now ~ given to me by some of the people that I work with ~ and last night my mom took ME coupon shopping for the very first time. I mean, she used to drag me from store to store all the time when I was younger, but this was the first time that I actually went looking to save OUR money!!
It was definitely a new experience, and not nearly as boring as I had imagined. We went to Kroger, and I ended up getting $35.20 worth of groceries for only $18.24 (a total savings of $16.96)!! I scanned a copy of my receipt, but it is kind of hard to see without clicking on it for a larger version. I was very excited for my first time as a coupon shopper! My favorite deal was that we got Pert Plus Shampoo for only$1, regular price of $6.89 (being on sale AND having a coupon really pays off!!).
I just have to say that I will definitely be going again, and by the time our little baby arrives I will be able to save our grocery bill from skyrocketing!
4 comments:
It's always good to save money, one day maybe you'll rank right up there with the expert herself, funny how as we mature we find value in things that used to feel so dumb!!!!! love dad
I need to learn to coupon clip because otherwise I think that Teancum will eat us out of house and home!! That kid eats more than Dave and I together! It is amazing he is so skinny.
Are these from newspapers or is there an online site? We dont get the newspaper, but I often think we should... especially with all the Sunday coupons, I just never have done it.
I dont think our grocery bills will show much increase for a while still- we are doing cloth diapers and nursing, but it would be nice to see what is normal become less!
Good job, Holly!!
Saving money gives me such a rush! Good job with the coupons. I wish you many more economical shopping trips in the future! :)
Post a Comment