Friday, October 3, 2008

Gratitude for Autumn Weather!!

As I was driving to work this morning I was looking out at the beautiful autumn morning and I was just overwhelmed with gratitude for the many blessings that we have been given. I absolutely LOVE this time of year. It is so refreshing and happy! I feel so blessed to be able to live in such a beautiful part of our Heavenly Father's world. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of a Father in Heaven who loves us so much that He would be willing to send his Only Begotten Son down to live, suffer and die for us. I am also grateful for my elder brother, Jesus Christ, who was willing to come to Earth and live, suffer, die and be resurrected again for us, His brothers and sisters, so that one day we too could be ressurrected and return back to our Heavenly Home again.

General Conference is coming up this weekend as well. We are so blessed to have the Lord's prophets and apostles speak to us. And to be able to hear them from Salt Lake City twice a year during General Conference. I always learn so much and feel the spirit so strongly during General Conference.

I am also grateful to have a wonderful husband who is so loving and supportive of me....no matter how cranky or crazy I can be at times.....he loves me with all of his heart and bends over backwards to do the things I ask him to do. He is so amazing and I am so fortunate to be his wife and have him as my husband. We are both so excited to be getting closer to the day that we get to welcome our first little daughter into our family. We are so excited to meet our little Emily. We have definitely been praying to have her come for a long time, and sometimes it is hard to believe that she will be here in less than 3 short months!

So, whatever you may be doing today, take some time to go outside and just look around. You may be suprised at how a few minutes outside in our beautiful world can make you feel! Know that you are loved and we would love to hear from you sometime during this beautiful time of year!


Here are a few pictures that we took a few months ago at Carter's Mountain. These are two of my favorites!!!


Ahhhh, isn't that what Apple Picking is all about!!

I love my "monkey", as he stops to smile for a photo amidst the trees!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your gratidude, darling. I feel grateful and blessed to have you as my wife, and I look forward to watching conference with you. -Micah

Kimberly Porter said...

You are the cutest! :)I miss Virginia falls...the leaves don't even change colors here!

Emily said...

Fall is my favorite season and it seems like the crisp air always strengthens my testimony and fills me with love and gratitude--just like you! No wonder we are friends (: